Ways to Use Twitter in the Library
Here are some simple suggestions to get you started using Twitter in your library.
14. New book arrivals. Let your patrons know what new books arrive at your library by Twittering the information.
15. Library Events. Keep followers current on all the fun events occurring at the library.
16. Take a poll. Use PollDaddy to ask your patrons for their opinions or get feedback on what’s happening at the library.
17. Stay in touch. Keep up with other librarians so you can share ideas and projects and learn from each other.
18. Send alerts. Allow patrons to sign up to be notified when requested material is available.
19. Send past due notices. Tweet past due notices to patrons as a gentle reminder that they are late.
20. Create alerts for specific groups. Announce news and events meant for specific groups such as teens, children, or book groups.
21. Announce closing time. Let patrons know when the library is about to close.
22. Send computer alerts. Whether someone’s allotted time on the computer is about to end or if several computers have suddenly become available, let users know.
Und die anderen 88 Tipps kann man direkt bei Lern-gasm nachlesen. 🙂
[Via @selfreferential bei Twitter, natürlich]